Friday, May 10, 2013

The Hum and the Shiver by Alex Bledsoe

I'm just saying... you should read this book!

 My Review:

It has been a long while since I've read a book that I really loved. I have to say that this is one of them. I've been stalking this book for months, waiting for it to go on sale, and then my dreams came true and it did. The Kindle edition is on sale for $2.99 for a limited time!
Even as I sit here and write this I don't want to be done reading this book. I'm sad it's over. The author created a likeable story with the mystery of the Tufa was compelling and I couldn't put the book down. I'm so glad this wasn't a typical fantasy/faerie story. I really liked Bronwyn's character being a war hero and the setting is easy to relate to current times. The one thing I would have liked was more description with the songs and the music that the Tufa hummed, I wanted a little more than just lyrics, I wanted to feel the songs, but I guess leaving that out contributed further to the mystery. And I love the cover.




my read shelf:
M.R.'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book.. thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Short and sweet. I guess I don't have the attention span to write long, wordy reviews.

      Delete