Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Next Big Thing

The Next Big Thing Blog-Hop

I want to thank Louise West for tagging me in this Blog-hop!
If you haven't clicked on her name yet, do it! 
And take a look at her WIP: "The Hungry-Man." 
It's worth it! Now go. And then come back here. 

I don't usually post my stories on my blog, but I guess it's time to take the plunge, so here it goes:


1. What is the working title of your next book?
                  Saratoga

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
                 I'm an avid gardener and I had this crazy idea about a girl who can grow things really well, and dance, because I used to dance. And I really miss it.

3. What genre does your book fall under?
                Fantasy/SF

4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
                 The God's want their earth back and Demi is their secret weapon, she just doesn't know it yet.

5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
                 I'm so torn! I would love to secure representation, but with all that I've been reading lately, I'm leaning towards self-publishing.

6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
                10 weeks

7. If your book was made into a film, which actors would you cast as your characters?
                Demi: Emma Watson
                Dylan: I need a Matt Grevers look-a-like

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
                The Goddess Test
                    mixed with
                Percy Jackson & The Olympians

9. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
                My love for the earth, and ballet, and mythology, and coming of age novels.

10. What else about your book might piqué the reader’s interest?
                   It's rich in Greek Mythology, the Gods are Gods, and by that I mean assholes, just as they should be, just as they've been depicted in mythology. 
                 This is not a rehash or a retelling, it's an original story I made up in my crazy head. 



Tag, you're it:

Madison Dusome
Matt Anderson

3 comments:

  1. Tantalising! Thanks for letting me tag you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good!

    You can finish a first draft inside of ten weeks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! About 10-14 is what I've been averaging, then usually another four for revisions/edits.

      Delete