1. It’s the zombie apocalypse and writers have got to stick together to survive. Pick 3 authors to be on your zombie apocalypse killing team and tell us why you’d choose them.
Angela says: Wow, that’s a hard one. I’d have to say Joss Whedon, JK Rowling and Lee Child because they’ve created such smart, brave, kick-ass, and clever characters and we’d need all of that to survive.
2. If Stephen King and J. K. Rowling were drowning in a river, who would you save first? And now you have to tell us why.
Angela says: Sorry, Stephen! But it would be JK. I’m a huge fan and still hold out hope she will revisit Harry’s world one day and gives us a new book, featuring another character.
3. We authors are voracious readers. My TBR list is approximately 8 miles long. What are you currently reading?
Angela says: I just finished Aliette de Bodard’s HOUSE OF SHATTERED WINGS, which was awesome! And I’m about to start reading Deanna Raybourn’s A COURIOUS BEGINNING.
4. What is the one book that you could read a million times and never get bored with?
Angela says: THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE. I can read the part when Lucy goes into the wardrobe and comes out in snowy Narnia over and over again.
5. Last year my favorite read was The Martian by Andy Weir. What was your best read of 2014?
Angela says: It would be a tie between Ben Aaronovitch’s fourth Peter Grant novel, BROKEN HOMES and THE CUCKOO’S CALLING by Robert Galbraith aka JK Rowling.
6. This year my favorite read has been The Dog Stars by Peter Heller. What’s the best book you’ve read so far in 2015?
Angela says: Hands down THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN by Paula Hawkins. It’s one of those slow burner novels. Before you know it, it grabs you by the throat and drags you in.
7. You’re a writer by day and a superhero by night. (Take off those geeky glasses Superman) What’s your superpower?
Angela says: One of my favorite anime’s series is called READ OR DIE! It’s about female agents for a special division of the British Library who can magically control and manipulate paper. That would be my superpower.
8. I have writing spots all over my house: my desk, my couch, the patio, and my bed. Where’s your favorite spot to write?
Angela says: I have a corner in my bedroom set up for writing. But I can write anyplace I have access to a computer.
9. We’re supposed to love all of our children equally, but there are some scenes I’ve written that really stick out in my mind. Tell us your favorite scene from your book KNIGHT’S FALL.
Angela says: It would probably be the opening scene describing my main Character Xavier Knight’s fall from heaven and what happens to him after he lands in a back alley in New Orleans.
10. Sometimes a little too much of myself slips into my characters. Which one of your characters most resembles you?
Angela says: There’s a one eyed, redheaded, mini skirt wearing, compulsive gambling librarian in KNIGHT’S FALL but I’m not going to say which of her traits she got from me.
11. I’ve always got tunes rocking while I’m writing. Tell us five songs that are on your playlist.
1. A Flat by Black Violin
2. Love Never Felt So Good by Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake
3. The Show by Doug E. Fresh
4. Rock The Casbah by The Clash
5. Firestarter by The Prodigy
12. If you could tell an aspiring author one tiny tidbit of information, what would you say?
Angela says: Write the kinds of books you would enjoy reading yourself.
Get your copy of KNIGHT’S FALL: A Xavier Knight Novel
Connect with Angela!
Angela Henry was once told that her past life careers included spy, researcher, and investigator. She stuck with what she knew because today she's a mystery writing library reference specialist, who loves to people watch and eavesdrop on conversations. She's the author of five mysteries featuring equally nosy amateur sleuth Kendra Clayton, as well as the thriller The Paris Secret. When she's not working, writing, or practicing her stealth, she loves to travel, is connoisseur of B horror movies, and an admitted anime addict. She lives in Ohio and is currently hard at work trying to meet her next deadline.