Monday, November 5, 2012

One Writer's Dilemma: "We are waiting for something different and awesome..."

"We are waiting for something different and awesome..."
When I read things like this
I think to myself: 

Really.... really?...

Then I bite my tongue.

I want to write a psychotic, raving response to them all.




Not for my writing

(Okay, maybe a tiny bit for my writing)

But  for all the stories out there

all the writer's out there

who are so much better than I am.

Whose amazing stories I've read and wondered why it hasn't been picked up yet

I'm sure their work has been sitting in your inbox for eight months
 

Now, I have to bite my tongue again, because an agent or publisher may or may not read this someday. And with all the recent posts out there, I guess I just broke the golden rule of etiquette... Oh wells...

 Is the liquor store open, yet?

Source: tumblr.com via Meredith on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are hilarious! I love the first one. I'll admit, I do need a good kick in the butt sometimes. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Hemingway on this one...

    I know what it's like to want to rant at someone. Earlier today at another networking site, I got messages from an oil company salesman of all things who thinks I'm not that amusing... and that I should run my posts past him in the future for his input.

    ReplyDelete